Many believe that cold weather scares most pests away, but in fact, the opposite is often true. Many pests enjoy a warm and dry area to escape during the winter, and many insects and animals choose your home as their getaway. From attics to crawlspaces and basements, there are many areas of your home where pests choose to escape during the winter months. Through a consistent pest control program, such as Black Diamond Exterior Service Program (ESP), you can guarantee your home stays pest free year-round.
Not only will pest control year-round through the winter rid of cold weather pests hibernating on your property, it will also help keep your home pest-free come spring time. Insect, rodent, and animal activity may slow down a bit in the winter, but they do not go away completely. In fact, critters such as spiders, ants, cockroaches, termites, bed bugs, fleas, rats, mice, and more continue feeding, growing, and multiplying throughout the winter months, often in the warmth of homes and businesses. Cutting your pest control service during the winter season as a cost-saving measures gives pests a head start for the spring, and could ultimately cost you more money in the long run.
The following are a few of the reasons why you should continue your pest control service through the winter:
- Pests living inside the walls of your home are protected from the cold outdoor temperatures.
- Termites don’t take a hold — if termites enter your home in the fall or winter, then they are silently eating away at your home’s structure 24/7.
- Mice and rats don’t hibernate, and the cold temperatures force rodents into homes and businesses as they are motivated to stay warm and find food and water sources.
- A numerous amount of bugs go into a low-energy state during winter months, so after they enter your home to wait the winter out, they will reemerge to plague you in the spring.
- Attics, basements, and crawlspaces provide shelter to insects and wild animals, such as wasps, spiders, bats, raccoons, and more as they try to escape the cold.
- By having spider webs, egg cases, and nests found and removed, it will prevent them from reemerging when the weather warms.
If you are searching for a pest control company to help you rid of cold weather pests currently residing in your home, there is no one better for the job than the professionals at Black Diamond. Call 877-DEAD-BUG to schedule your evaluation today!